PTC Meeting: Our next PTC Meeting is Thursday, March 13th at noon. All parents and teachers are encouraged to join us in the LMC. During this meeting:
- Jeff Romani will discuss the new District 89 website.
- PTC Board Nominations will be announced.
- The following committees will provide a read-out: Panther Pride Fest, Chess Club, Donuts with Dad, Movie Night, Square 1 Art, Family Fitness Night and Olympic Field Day.
Restaurant Night: Our next Restaurant Night is Friday, March 14th & Saturday, March 15th at Meatheads (549 E. Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn). When you eat at Meatheads anytime on one of these dates (and mention Park View School), Meatheads will donate 10% of net sales.
Chairperson Needed: We have a few committees with chairs who will be "retiring" either this year or next year, and we are searching for new chairs to take over or shadow existing chairs next year. If you are interested in any of these committees, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spirit Wear: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Panther Paws: Current chairperson will run this committee in 2014-2015, but would like to have someone shadow her and take over in 2015-2016.
- Pancake Breakfast: Current chairs will run this committee in 2014-2015, but would like to have someone shadow them and take over in 2015-2016. Two chairs are preferred for this committee.
- Park View $$: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Square 1 Art: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
For more information on PTC Fundraising, visit our Fundraising page
Box Tops: The classroom winner for February is Ms. Mau's 2nd grade classroom with 835 BoxTops putting them in first place for the year with 2,277. We collected 2,303 total BoxTops in February! Keep sending in the BoxTops!!
Park View $$: Order forms are due March 21st, with gift card delivery on March 27th.
Restaurant Night: Our next Restaurant Night is Friday, March 14th & Saturday, March 15th at Meatheads (549 E. Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn). When you east at Meatheads anytime on one of these dates (and mention Park View School), Meatheads will donate 10% of net sales.
Recycling Park View Clothing: Have your children out grown their Park View Spirit Wear? Our Social Worker, Erin Walsh, is looking for gently used Park View clothing to recycle to some of our Park View students. Send in your items to Mrs. Walsh via your child's backpack and please wash prior to sending them in. Thank You!
Park View Families in Need: At Park View School and other District 89 schools, there are many families in need. The Park View PTC would like to highlight two ways you can assist these families:
- Community Outreach: The Park View School social worker, Erin Walsh, works closely with many families in need. Occasionally, she will identify a specific need and will send an email to a distribution list of people who might be able to donate the item in need (coats, shoes, boots, jackets, etc.). If you are interested in joining this distribution list, please email Jane Duzansky (email@example.com).
- Family Tree Resale: District 89 has partnered with Family Tree Resale (575 Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn). When you donate gently used items to this store, Family Tree Resale will provide vouchers to the Park View School social worker, Erin Walsh. Erin will distribute these vouchers to families in need so they can shop for free at this store. When you make your donation, tell them you are with District 89. It's that simple! For more information on this program, see our flier located on the Event Forms page.
CCSD89 Strategic Plan: The Strategic Planning Committee has developed a 3-5 year strategic plan for the District which was presented to and approved by the School Board over the summer. The presentation material is available at https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=34330268.
E-Backpack: District 87 (Glenbard South High School) and other outside organizations are able to publish information in the District 89 e-backpack to let parents know about programs and upcoming events. For your convenience, we have included a link to the e-backpack in our Quick Links menu above.
Facebook Community Pages: If you use Facebook, there are a couple community pages that might interest you. Just search for the "Park View & Glen Crest Parents Forum" or the "SoRo - Glen Ellyn, IL" pages.