Supply Pick-Up: If you ordered a school supply kit in the spring, you can pick them up at Park view either on August 20th from 9am-2pm or on August 22nd from 8:15am-10:00am.
Meet Your Teacher/Supply Drop-Off: Students are invited to visit their classrooms, meet their teacher and drop off supplies on August 22nd from 8:15am-9:15am.
Chairperson Needed: We have a few committees with chairs who will be "retiring" either this year or next year, and we are searching for new chairs to take over or shadow existing chairs next year. If you are interested in any of these committees, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a description of these committees, please see our Committees page.
- Panther Paws: Current chairperson will run this committee in 2014-2015, but would like to have someone shadow her and take over in 2015-2016.
- Park View $$: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Panther Pride Fest: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Kindergarten Olympic Field Day: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Park View Sign: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Mrs. Mouse's House: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: The current chairperson is joining the PTC Board. She is willing to continue chairing this committee for the 2014-2015 year, but also is willing to hand it off to anyone who might be interested.
For more information on PTC Fundraising, visit our Fundraising page
Box Tops/Labels for Education: Keep collecting Box Tops and Labels for Education over the summer, and return them to school in the fall!!
Recycling Park View Clothing: Have your children out grown their Park View Spirit Wear? Our Social Worker, Erin Walsh, is looking for gently used Park View clothing to recycle to some of our Park View students. Send in your items to Mrs. Walsh via your child's backpack and please wash prior to sending them in. Thank You!
Park View Families in Need: At Park View School and other District 89 schools, there are many families in need. The Park View PTC would like to highlight two ways you can assist these families:
- Community Outreach: The Park View School social worker, Erin Walsh, works closely with many families in need. Occasionally, she will identify a specific need and will send an email to a distribution list of people who might be able to donate the item in need (coats, shoes, boots, jackets, etc.). If you are interested in joining this distribution list, please email Mimi Cunningham (email@example.com) or Megan Rafferty-Flatter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Family Tree Resale: District 89 has partnered with Family Tree Resale (575 Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn). When you donate gently used items to this store, Family Tree Resale will provide vouchers to the Park View School social worker, Erin Walsh. Erin will distribute these vouchers to families in need so they can shop for free at this store. When you make your donation, tell them you are with District 89. It's that simple! For more information on this program, see our flier located on the Event Forms page.
CCSD89 Strategic Plan: The Strategic Planning Committee has developed a 3-5 year strategic plan for the District which was presented to and approved by the School Board over the summer. The presentation material is available at https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=34330268.
E-Backpack: District 87 (Glenbard South High School) and other outside organizations are able to publish information in the District 89 e-backpack to let parents know about programs and upcoming events. For your convenience, we have included a link to the e-backpack in our Quick Links menu above.
Facebook Community Pages: If you use Facebook, there are a couple community pages that might interest you. Just search for the "Park View & Glen Crest Parents Forum" or the "SoRo - Glen Ellyn, IL" pages.