* Items in red are newly added or updated.
Park View Directory: The deadline for electing access to the Directory is Wednesday, September 21! Please complete the Directory Sign Up form and return via your child's backpack to "Directory" by September 21. As a reminder, this benefit is offered at no cost to Park View families this year. Contact Debbie Etri, email@example.com, with questions.
Spirit Wear: The new 2016 Spirit Wear order form is available. All orders need to be received by Monday, September 26. If you have any questions, please contact Alison Girling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Movie Night: Our first Movie Night of the school year is tentatively scheduled for October 14! Look for details to come.
Book Fair and Ice Cream Social: Our annual Book Fair and Ice Cream Social will take place Friday, October 21. Please plan to attend this event and purchase some books, as proceeds from book sales fund the purchase of books for our school library. You will also have the opportunity to help build your teacher's classroom book selection by purchasing/donating books from their wishlist.
The Ice Cream Social runs concurrently with the Book Fair. Send the kids to the large gym for a treat while you shop in the small gym for gifts!
Grandparents Day Breakfast: New this year is Grandparents Day Breakfast! This event will be held the morning of October 21, the day of our Book Fair and Ice Cream Social. Invite grandparents to bring your children to breakfast in the large gym and then take them shopping for books in the small gym! Look for sign up forms coming home soon.
New Chair Volunteer Opportunity - Cultural Arts: We have an immediate need for a volunteer to chair the planning and organization of our all school assemblies. Our goal is to present 3 engaging and meaningful assemblies for 2016/17. The PTC Board has begun the process, and we are looking to pass the baton! Please contact Nikki Dawson, email@example.com, to express your interest.
We look forward to seeing everyone at these upcoming events!
Graciously, your Park View PTC Board,
Yolanda Smith, President
Nikki Dawson, Vice President
Dawn Cassata, Secretary
Jamie Goldman, Treasurer
Chair Volunteers: There are several initiatives for which we are still in need of Chair Volunteers:
- Fall Fundraiser, Co-Chair: Work with Kim LaFrancis to ensure our fall fundraiser, gift wrap sale, is a success. The fundraiser runs in September.
- Mrs. Mouse's House: Responsible for coordinating the selection of items available for purchase at Mrs. Mouse's House, communicating to families prior to the event, and managing the event on December 10, including set up, volunteer activity, and tear down.
- Panther Pride Fest: Responsible for coordinating the planning and execution of this much anticipated and fun event, scheduled for February 3.
- Girls on the Run - New for 2017!: This is a well know program that we are very excited to bring to Park View in the spring 2017! The Chair is responsible for coordinating the program and schedule, and will partner with our Staff Representative to ensure the program runs smoothly. This program runs April through May.
- Teacher & Staff Luncheon: Responsible for coordination and execution of this luncheon in honor of our wonderful Teachers and Staff! The luncheon is scheduled for April 20.
- Talent Show (best Co-Chaired, 2 volunteers): Responsible for planning and coordinating the Talent Show. Mrs. Peterson will be hand to offer input, as she has handled this event in its inaugural years. Participation has been fantastic, and Co-Chairs would be ideal to ensure it runs smoothly. This event will take place in May, date TBD.
- 2017 Amazing Race: The Amazing Race is new in the fall of 2016. The event takes place at Glen Crest as a welcome/kick-off event for incoming 6th graders and their families. The 2017 Amazing Race Chair is responsible for planning and coordination of the event that kicks-off the 2017/18 school year in August 2017.
These events help ensure a rich and well-rounded learning and social environment for our students, but we can only be successful with your help! Please consider volunteering to Chair one of the above initiatives. Any of these initiative may be Co-Chaired, so enlist a friend! Please contact Nikki Dawson, firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or for additional information.
In addition to Chair Volunteer Opportunities, we are also in need of volunteers to work these events. Please let us know of your availability by completing a PTC Volunteer Sign-Up Form, and return the form via your child's backpack to "PTC Volunteers". You may also contact Nikki Dawson, email@example.com to volunteer or for additional information.
Charleston Wrap Fundraiser: Our 2016-17 Charleston Wrap fundraiser runs September 19 through 30. Information packets, including order forms, were sent home September 19. Our goal is to sell $18,000 of product! Proceeds help fund many activities throughout the year, and there are many fun prizes and rewards planned for reaching our goal. Help us reach our goal by selling, or consider a cash donation!
Support Music in D89! Music budgets have been shrinking and research shows how important the arts are to a well-rounded education. The MBA Membership goal this year is $3200 by October 1st and we’re only 2/3 there. Please help us meet our goal by sending in your Music Boosters membership form and check by the end of September! Thanks so much for your support!
For more information on PTC Fundraising, visit our Fundraising page
Glenbard Parent Series: Join other parents, students and administrators to learn about issues facing our youth today. The Glenbard Parent Series engages top experts, parents and school staff to become proactive and informed in pursuit of the strengthening our communities. Programs are free and open to the public. For more information, visit www.glenbardgps.org.
Park View Families in Need: At Park View School and other District 89 schools, there are many families in need. The Park View PTC would like to highlight how you can assist these families:
- Community Outreach: The Park View School social worker, Erin Walsh, works closely with many families in need. Occasionally, she will identify a specific need and will send an email to a distribution list of people who might be able to donate the item in need (coats, shoes, boots, jackets, etc.). If you are interested in joining this distribution list, please email Megan Rafferty-Flatter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CCSD89 Strategic Plan: The Strategic Planning Committee has developed a 3-5 year strategic plan for the District which was presented to and approved by the School Board over the summer. The presentation material is available at https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=34330268.
Backpack Information: District 87 (Glenbard South High School) and other outside organizations are able to publish information in the District 89 backpack information to let parents know about programs and upcoming events. For your convenience, we have included a link to the backpack information in our Quick Links menu above.
Facebook Community Pages: If you use Facebook, there are a couple community pages that might interest you. Just search for the "Park View & Glen Crest Parents Forum" or the "SoRo - Glen Ellyn, IL" pages.