* Items in red are newly added or updated.
Welcome to the 2016/2017 school year! The PTC Board is looking forward to a great year, and we are excited to meet those we haven't yet, as well as see familiar faces. We have been working with Mrs. Peterson to plan a great 2016/17 year for all of our students and families.
Those new to Park View can learn more about the Parent Teacher Club (PTC) during the New Student Orientation on August 17, 7:00. We will also be available on August 18 during the Teacher Meet and Supply Drop Off, as well as during Curriculum Night on September 8. Please make a point to say "Hello" at one of these events, sign up for classroom volunteer opportunities, and find out more about your PTC and the activities it sponsors. Also, please plan to attend the first PTC meeting of the year on Thursday, September 15. PTC monthly meetings will be held on the 3rd Thursday each month.
As we prepare for the exciting year ahead, there are several initiatives for which we are still in need of Chair Volunteers:
- Fall Fundraiser, Co-Chair: Work with Kim LaFrancis to ensure our fall fundraiser, gift wrap sale, is a success. The fundraiser runs in September.
- Spirit Wear: The PTC Board has already engaged a supplier, and merchandise is on order. Someone is needed to take the baton and be responsible for Spirit Wear sales and distribution. Spirit Wear sales run all year.
- Mrs. Mouse's House: Responsible for coordinating the selection of items available for purchase at Mrs. Mouse's House, communicating to families prior to the event, and managing the event on December 10, including set up, volunteer activity, and tear down.
- Panther Pride Fest: Responsible for coordinating the planning and execution of this much anticipated and fun event, scheduled for February 3.
- Fun Run - New for 2017!: In need of a Co-Chair to work with Yolanda Smith in the planning and execution of this exciting new fundraising opportunity. The PTC Board has engaged a partner, Boosterthon, to help coordinate. The Fun Run is scheduled for March 23.
- Girls on the Run - New for 2017!: This is a well know program that we are very excited to bring to Park View in the spring 2017! The Chair is responsible for coordinating the program and schedule, and will partner with our Staff Representative to ensure the program runs smoothly. This program runs April through May.
- Teacher & Staff Luncheon: Responsible for coordination and execution of this luncheon in honor of our wonderful Teachers and Staff! The luncheon is scheduled for April 20.
- Talent Show (best Co-Chaired, 2 volunteers): Responsible for planning and coordinating the Talent Show. Mrs. Peterson will be hand to offer input, as she has handled this event in its inaugural years. Participation has been fantastic, and Co-Chairs would be ideal to ensure it runs smoothly. This event will take place in May, date TBD.
- 2017 Amazing Race: The Amazing Race is new in the fall of 2016. The event takes place at Glen Crest as a welcome/kick-off event for incoming 6th graders and their families. The 2017 Amazing Race Chair is responsible for planning and coordination of the event that kicks-off the 2017/18 school year in August 2017.
Note that any of these initiatives may be Co-Chaired, so enlist a friend! Please contact Nikki Dawson, email@example.com to volunteer or for additional information.
Here's to a successful, fun and safe 2016/17!
Graciously, your Park View PTC Board,
Yolanda Smith, President
Nikki Dawson, Vice President
Dawn Cassata, Secretary
Jamie Goldman, Treasurer
2016-2017 School Supply List: For more information, please see flyer.
Glen Crest's Amazing Race: Attention all graduating 5th graders, Glen Crest will be hosting The Amazing Race for incoming 6th graders to meet new friends and learn the halls of Glen Crest! For more information, please see the flyer.
Online Park View Directory: If you have any online directory issues or questions, please contact Debbie Etri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chairpersons Needed: The PTC sponsors many enrichment activities for students and families to enjoy year round, and volunteer parents are needed to chair these events. Please visit our Committees page for committee descriptions and contact the PTC Vice President as soon as possible to express interest, email@example.com. Note that committees can be Co-Chaired, so enlist a friend to help!
For more information on PTC Fundraising, visit our Fundraising page
Glenbard Parent Series: oin other parents, students and administrators to learn about issues facing our youth today. The Glenbard Parent Series engages top experts, parents and school staff to become proactive and informed in pursuit of the strengthening our communities. Programs are free and open to the public. For more information, visit www.glenbardgps.org.
Park View Families in Need: At Park View School and other District 89 schools, there are many families in need. The Park View PTC would like to highlight how you can assist these families:
- Community Outreach: The Park View School social worker, Erin Walsh, works closely with many families in need. Occasionally, she will identify a specific need and will send an email to a distribution list of people who might be able to donate the item in need (coats, shoes, boots, jackets, etc.). If you are interested in joining this distribution list, please email Megan Rafferty-Flatter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CCSD89 Strategic Plan: The Strategic Planning Committee has developed a 3-5 year strategic plan for the District which was presented to and approved by the School Board over the summer. The presentation material is available at https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=34330268.
E-Backpack: District 87 (Glenbard South High School) and other outside organizations are able to publish information in the District 89 e-backpack to let parents know about programs and upcoming events. For your convenience, we have included a link to the e-backpack in our Quick Links menu above.
Facebook Community Pages: If you use Facebook, there are a couple community pages that might interest you. Just search for the "Park View & Glen Crest Parents Forum" or the "SoRo - Glen Ellyn, IL" pages.