* Items in red are newly added or updated.
Winter Break: Winter break is December 22nd through January 2nd. School resumes January 5th.
School Store What is school store?? You might have seen school store in your childs take home folder. Each grade has an option of going to the school store during their lunch period on specific days. The school store has many items such as pencils, fun erasers, pens, folders etc.... Please click here to see pricing. If your child is interested, you can send them with money on their scheduled day and they will be led to the store where parent volunteers are there to help them shop and manage their money. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Kristen Brach firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten Olympic Field Day: We need a p.m. parent to co-chair with Leslie Gresham. Thank You to Leslie Gresham for Volunteering for Kindergarten Olympic Field Day (a.m.)
Chairperson Needed: We have a few committees with chairs who will be "retiring" either this year or next year, and we are searching for new chairs to take over or shadow existing chairs next year. If you are interested in any of these committees, please send us an email at email@example.com. For a description of these committees, please see our Committees page.
- Panther Paws: Current chairperson will run this committee in 2014-2015, but would like to have someone shadow her and take over in 2015-2016.
- Park View $$: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Kindergarten Olympic Field Day: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Park View Sign: New chairperson needed for 2014-2015 year.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: The current chairperson is joining the PTC Board. She is willing to continue chairing this committee for the 2014-2015 year, but also is willing to hand it off to anyone who might be interested.
For more information on PTC Fundraising, visit our Fundraising page
Box Tops/Labels for Education: It's time to bring in your Box Tops and Labels for Education you collected over the summer.
Park View $$$: Park View $$$ is available starting this month. Order gift cards for everyday shopping and earn money for the school. The Park View $$ flyer contains a complete list of ordering dates.
Recycling Park View Clothing: Have your children out grown their Park View Spirit Wear? Our Social Worker, Erin Walsh, is looking for gently used Park View clothing to recycle to some of our Park View students. Send in your items to Mrs. Walsh via your child's backpack and please wash prior to sending them in. Thank You!
Park View Families in Need: At Park View School and other District 89 schools, there are many families in need. The Park View PTC would like to highlight how you can assist these families:
- Community Outreach: The Park View School social worker, Erin Walsh, works closely with many families in need. Occasionally, she will identify a specific need and will send an email to a distribution list of people who might be able to donate the item in need (coats, shoes, boots, jackets, etc.). If you are interested in joining this distribution list, please email Mimi Cunningham (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Megan Rafferty-Flatter (email@example.com).
CCSD89 Strategic Plan: The Strategic Planning Committee has developed a 3-5 year strategic plan for the District which was presented to and approved by the School Board over the summer. The presentation material is available at https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=34330268.
E-Backpack: District 87 (Glenbard South High School) and other outside organizations are able to publish information in the District 89 e-backpack to let parents know about programs and upcoming events. For your convenience, we have included a link to the e-backpack in our Quick Links menu above.
Facebook Community Pages: If you use Facebook, there are a couple community pages that might interest you. Just search for the "Park View & Glen Crest Parents Forum" or the "SoRo - Glen Ellyn, IL" pages.