Super Saturday is Saturday, December 7th from 8:30am-11:00am.
- Pancake Breakfast: Join us in the large gym from 8:30am-11:00am for pancakes, sausages, juice and Starbucks coffee. Take advantage of reduced pricing and submit your registration forms and payment no later than Tuesday, December 3rd. Walk-ins are also welcome (see registration form for walk-in pricing). Santa will make an appearance from 9:30am-10:30am, and the Park View chorus will perform at 10:30. The PTC also will host a Bake Sale.
- Mrs. Mouse's House: From 9:00am-11:00am, students can shop for affordable gifts with the assistance of parent and middle school volunteers. A merchandise list will be sent home via backpack on December 2nd.
Both the Pancake Breakfast and Mrs. Mouse's House still need volunteers. See below in the Volunteer Spotlight for more details.
Super Saturday Pancake Breakfast We still need a few more volunteers to help with the Pancake Breakfast. Volunteers work the check-in table or help serving beverages/pancakes in 1-hour shifts (8:30am-9:30am or 9:30am-10:30am). If interested in volunteering, please contact Jen Nemeth (email@example.com) or Toni Puleo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Super Saturday - Mrs. Mouse' House: We still need many more adult volunteers to help with Mrs. Mouse's House. Volunteers collect money from students making purchases in 1-hour shifts (9:00am-10:00am or 10:00am-11:00am). If interested in volunteering, please contact Christy Zima (email@example.com).
PTC Chairperson Opportunities: We are looking for volunteers to lead two remaining committees. If you are interested in either of these committees, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cartridges for Kids: This is a simple program where the chairperson picks up at Park View and mails cartridges once a month.
- Spirit Wear: In the fall, the PTC coordinates a sale of Park View Panthers apparel. This is the final year for the current chairperson, and we are searching for someone to take her place next year. Now is a great time to volunteer and spend some time with the current chairperson discussing transition.
Market Day Volunteers Needed: We are searching for a few volunteers to help distribute Market Day orders once a month. Distribution is generally on a Wednesday between 1:45 and 2:45 at Park View school. If interested, please contact Kristen Brach (email@example.com).
Box Tops: Park View PTC receives 10¢ for every BoxTops label (appearing on most General Mills products). Cut off labels and send them to Park View in your child's backpack anytime during the school year. Nicely trimmed BoxTops are greatly appreciated by our volunteers.
Each month, the classrooms compete to collect the most BoxTops and receive recognition in morning announcements and on a bulletin board. Classroom results will be posted monthly. Our top classroom winners are as follows:
- September: Mrs. Lang's 2nd grade classroom won with 806 BoxTops. We collected 4,135 total BoxTops!
- October: Mrs. O's 2nd grade classroom won with 359 BoxTops. We collected 2,213 total BoxTops.
Labels for Education: Park View PTC receives points for free school equipment for every Labels for Education UPC code. Cut off labels and send them to Park View in your child's backpack anytime during the school year. Nicely trimmed Labels for Education (with UPC code!) are greatly appreciated by our volunteers.
The PTC has accumulated 43,834 Labels for Education points, so our PE teachers just redeemed most of these points and will receive the following equipment:
- 2 sets of jump batons
- 3 sets of bean bags
- 1 set of gator skin balls
- 2 footballs
- 2 volleyballs
- 1 basketball
- 2 soccer balls
- 2 sets of playground balls
- 1 set of lemon twist (similar to skip its from the 80s)
- 3 scooters
- 1 mini golf set
- Fitness skillastic cardio challenge kit/game
Thanks to everyone who has sent in the Labels and helped our PE department get this great equipment!! Continue sending in your Labels so they can continue to get more equipment.
Park View $$: Park View PTC receives a percentage of all gift cards purchased through this program. A variety of gift cards are available (groceries, gas, movies, etc.) and there is no additional cost to you. Send completed Park View $$ Order Form and payment to the school office. Make check payable to Park View PTC. Order forms have been sent home via backpack. Due dates and delivery dates are as follows:
- Order Form Due Date
- December 13
- January 24
- February 21
- March 21
- April 17
- May 23
- Gift Card Delivery Date
- December 18
- January 30
- February 27
- March 27
- April 23
- May 29
eScrip: Park View can earn up to 16% from many participating online retailers, as well as retail stores and restaurants!! There is no additional cost to you, and Park View receives contributions from these merchants to help fund important student programs and school improvements.
It's simple, and eScrip provides a free AutoEarn app to make it even easier! See below for details on how to register and how to shop. If you have any questions, please contact Lainie Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How do I get started?
- If you haven't registered already, visit www.escrip.com to register. Make sure to select Park View Elementary in Glen Ellyn (ID# 500014122) to receive contributions.
- During the registration process, register all debit and credit cards you normally use when shopping. Only purchases made with these cards will result in contributions made to Park View.
How do I earn money for Park View while shopping online?
- Sign into eScrip and visit the eScrip Online Mall (shopping.escrip.com) to download a free AutoEarn app. Then, when you visit your online store, an eScrip icon will appear in the top left corner of the web page (for participating merchants). Click on the icon and click on the button to earn contributions for Park View. You will also see a list of all coupons available for that merchant!! Shop the site and Park View will receive a contribution for the purchases you make.
- If you don't want to use the AutoEarn app, you can sign into eScrip and visit the eScrip Online Mall (shopping.escrip.com) to view coupons and supporting merchants. When you click on a merchant from the eScrip Online Mall, Park View will receive a contribution for the purchases you make.
How do I earn money for Park View while shopping in stores?
- When you shop at participating merchants, use your registered debit or credit card and Park View will receive a contribution for the purchases you make.
Are there other ways to earn money for Park View?
- When you dine at participating restaurants, use your registered debit or credit card and Park View will receive a contribution based on your bill.
Restaurant Night: Once each month, a local restaurant will host a Park View restaurant night. Enjoy dinner with family at these restaurants and Park View PTC will earn a percentage of your purchases. Our upcoming Restaurant Nights are as follows:
- January 29 - Noodles & Co.
- February 19 - Chuck E. Cheeses
- March 14 & 15 - Meatheads
- April - Oberweis
- May 8 - Panera Bakery
Park View Families in Need: At Park View School and other District 89 schools, there are many families in need. The Park View PTC would like to highlight two ways you can assist these families:
- Community Outreach: The Park View School social worker, Erin Walsh, works closely with many families in need. Occasionally, she will identify a specific need and will send an email to a distribution list of people who might be able to donate the item in need (coats, shoes, boots, jackets, etc.). If you are interested in joining this distribution list, please email Jane Duzansky (email@example.com).
- Family Tree Resale: District 89 has partnered with Family Tree Resale (575 Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn). When you donate gently used items to this store, Family Tree Resale will provide vouchers to the Park View School social worker, Erin Walsh. Erin will distribute these vouchers to families in need so they can shop for free at this store. When you make your donation, tell them you are with District 89. It's that simple! For more information on this program, see our flier located on the Event Forms page.
CCSD89 Strategic Plan: The Strategic Planning Committee has developed a 3-5 year strategic plan for the District which was presented to and approved by the School Board over the summer. The presentation material is available at https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=34330268.
E-Backpack: District 87 (Glenbard South High School) and other outside organizations are able to publish information in the District 89 e-backpack to let parents know about programs and upcoming events. For your convenience, we have included a link to the e-backpack in our Quick Links menu above.
Facebook Community Pages: If you use Facebook, there are a couple community pages that might interest you. Just search for the "Park View & Glen Crest Parents Forum" or the "SoRo - Glen Ellyn, IL" pages.